HPCL Download Admit Card 2016 Fixed Term Projects Assistant FTPA : Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
Organisation : HPCL Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
Announcement : Download Admit Card
Designation : Fixed Term Projects Assistant (FTPA)
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Download your admit card here : http://126.96.36.199:8379/HPCLAdmitCard/OnlineAdmitCardDownloadAction_onlineAdmitCardPage.action
Home Page : http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/Careeropportunities
Download Admit Card :
WRITTEN TEST SCHEDULED ON APRIL 3, 2016 (SUNDAY)
Related : HPCL Download Admit Card 2016 R & D Officer : www.admitcard.net.in/3894.html
Please insert your current 12 digit Application Number & Date of birth (In DD/MM/YYYY) to generate hall ticket
THIS TEST WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE FOLLOWING CITIES –
(Microbiology / Biotechnology)
Section 1: Microbiology and Biotechnology
Microbial Identification, Microbial Nutrition, Microbial growth, Microbial Metabolites, Microbial enzymes,
Section 2: Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biostatistics
Microbial Genetics, Bioinformatics, Microbial Genomics and Proteomics, Recombinant DNA Technology
Section 3: Environmental Microbiology /Biotechnology
Biodegradation, Bioremediation, Role of Microbiology in effluent treatment, Applications of biosensors in environmental monitoring
Section 4: Bioprocess technology
Bioreactors, Types of fermentations, Scale-up, Lignocellulosic Biofuels production, Biomass pretreatment, Enzymatic hydrolysis
Section 5: Analytical Instrumentation and methods
Analytical instrumentation in microbiology / biotechnology research. HPLC, GC, Spectrophotometry, Biomass analysis, Biofuels analysis, Analytical method development.
Model Objective Type Questions
1) The primary stain to determine the gram character of a microbe is
C. Crystal violet
D. Methyl red
2) An organism which obtains energy from chemicals is designated as a
3) Which of the following organisms typically get their carbon for biosynthesis from organic compounds?
A. Aerobic, glucose-respiring bacteria (aerobic respiration)
B. Ammonia-oxidizing bacteria (chemolithotrophic bacteria)
C. Photosynthetic cyanobacteria (phototrophic metabolism)
D. None of the above
4) The word, used for the small solid supports onto which are spotted hundreds of thousands of tiny drops of DNA that can be used to screen gene expression, is
A. southern blot
B. replica plate technique
C. DNA microarrays
D. northern blot
5) Which type of plasmid can exist with or without being integrated into the host’s chromosome?
6) The correct term for the transfer of genetic material between bacteria in direct physical contact is
7) What is an anaerobic digester?
A. A process to generate Helium
B. the anaerobic production of butanol
C. method to convert agricultural waste into a biogas
D. All of the above
8) The BOD value of wastewater is related to
A. the live bacterial count
B. amount of organic material
C. amount of inorganic material
D. amount of glycosides
9) Which of the following is responsible for the corrosion problem?
A. Iron bacteria
B. Sulfur bacteria
C. Slime forming bacteria
D. Nitrogen fixing bacteria
10) The production of acetic acid from ethanol is an
A. anaerobic process
B. aerobic process
C. a combination of both
D. none of the above
Is there any negative marking?