Organisation : Transmission Corporation of Telangana Limited (TSTRANSCO)
Announcement : Download Hall Ticket
Designation : Assistant Engineer (Electrical & Civil)
Reference Number : NOTIFICATION No.01/2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Downloading of Hall tickets is 21.11.2015
Date of examination : 29.11.2015
Time: 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Details of Written Examination :
The written test comprising of 100 marks consisting of 100 multiple choice questions and each question carrying 1 mark. The section A consisting of 80 questions on core technical subject of respective discipline; and the section B consisting of 20 questions on General Awareness and Numerical Ability. The duration of the written examination will be 2 hrs. (120 minutes).
i) Syllabus: The syllabus for the written examination is placed at Annexure II.
ii) Hall Tickets: The hall tickets will be placed on the website seven days prior to the date of examination. The candidate has to down load the Hall ticket from the website only. Hall tickets will not be sent to the candidates by post.
iii) Date of examination: The written examination for recruitment of Assistant Engineer will be held on 29.11.2015 from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
iv) Examination Centers: The written examination for recruitment of Assistant Engineer/ Elecl., & Civil will be held at different centers located only in Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
Instructions to Candidates :
1. The test is of two hours duration. The date and time will be indicated on the Hall ticket. Candidates should reach the test center in time. The candidates have to report 30 Minutes before the examination venue. Candidates will not be allowed into the examination hall after the test has started and will not be permitted to leave examination hall before the closure of test time under any circumstances. The candidates shall appear for written examination at their own cost.
2. The test will be of objective type with multiple-choice questions with only one answer being correct among the four alternatives suggested.
3. A separate O M R (Optical mark Reader) answer sheet with the carbon impression paper will be provided to the candidates. The candidate has to indicate his response to each question by darkening the appropriate bubble with a Black Ball Point pen. No corrections with white fluid will be permitted.
4. The candidate has to bring a good quality Black Ball Point pen to the examination hall.
5. The candidate has to handover the original OMR Sheet to the invigilators in the examination centre and is however permitted to take away the duplicate OMR Sheet (the carbon impression paper) along with question paper after the examination. If any candidate in violation of the above instructions takes away the original OMR Sheet, his/her candidature to the recruitment will be rejected besides invocation of penal provisions including debarment of the candidature for all future recruitments to be conducted by the TS Transco.
6. The candidate has to follow meticulously all the instructions given on the question paper booklet and OMR Answer Sheet, else his answer sheet may not be valued.
7 Usage of Calculators/mathematical tables is not permitted. Candidates should not bring cell phones or any other electronic gadgets to the examination hall.
8. The provisional key will be placed on website next day of the examination i.e. on 30.11.2015.
9. If any objections on the provisional key, the same can be raised within 3 days i.e. upto 03.12.2015 to email : firstname.lastname@example.org
PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION :
i) The selection of candidates for appointment will be made 100% on Written examination only.
ii) Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination by being ranked high, community wise will be called for verification of Original Certificates in 1:1 ratio.
(iii) The minimum qualifying marks in the written test for the above selection process shall be as follows:
OC – 40%
BC – 35%
SC/ST – 30%
PH – 30%
Note: Mere securing minimum qualifying marks doesn’t vest any right to a candidate for being called for verification of original certificates.
(iv) The selection list will be drawn into two parts. The first part will comprise 40% of the posts for OPEN consisting of combined merit list of local as well as non-locals and the remaining second part will comprise the balance 60% of the posts consisting of LOCAL only and the posts will be filled only following the existing rules and rule of reservation.
a) The candidates will be selected and allotted to Zones/Sub Stations as per their Rank in the merit list and as per zonal preferences for allotment of non-local candidates against vacancies available. Selection shall be made on State Wide merit, in respect of non-local candidates and allotment of Zones shall be made as per the preference given by candidates against the actual vacancies.
b) While the Corporation calls for preference of candidates in respect of zones in the application form, it is hereby clarified that the said preferences are only indicative for being considered to the extent possible but not binding. Therefore, the TSTRANSCO has the power to assign a successful candidate to any of the notified posts in the Zone in respect of non-local candidates, for which he/she is considered to be qualified and eligible, subject to fulfilling the selection criteria. Mere claim of preference for any zone for allotment against vacancy does not confer a right to selection for that Zone in particular or any Zone in general.