Organisation : Telangana State Power Generation Corporation Limited
Announcement : Download Hall Ticket
Designation : Assistant Engineer(Elecl.,Mechl,Electronics and Civil)
Reference Number : Notification No:02/CGM(Adm,IS & ERP)/2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Download your Hall Ticket here : Hall-tickets can be downloaded 07 days before commencement of Examination
Home Page : https://www.tsgenco.co.in/home.do;jsessionid=FEBDB2CF8834769694813E51F30F4010
Hall-tickets can be downloaded 07 days before commencement of Examination.
2. The examination will be held on 14-11-2015.
For any problems related to Online submission and downloading of Hall-Tickets please contact Help Desk No.040-23120303 (Call Time:10:30 A.M to 1:00 P.M & 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M) or log on to tsgenco.cgg.gov.in click on to complaint box.
Scheme of Examination :
i)The Scheme and Syllabus for the examination has been shown in Annexure-II
ii) Hall Tickets: The hall tickets will be placed on the website seven days prior to the date of examination. The candidate has to down load the Hall ticket from the website only. Hall tickets will not be sent to the candidates by post.
iii) Date of examination:
The written examination for recruitment of Assistant Engineer will be held on 14.11.2015 at 10 AM to 12 Noon.
iv) Examination Centers: The written examination for recruitment oF Assistant Engineer/ Elecl., Mechl, Electronics and Civil will be held at different centers located only in Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
Instructions to Candidates at the time of Written Examination:
1. The test is of two hours duration. The date and time will be indicated on the Hall ticket. Candidates should reach the test center in time. Candidates will be allowed in to the examination hall half an hour before the scheduled starting time. Candidates will not be allowed into the examination hall after the test has started and will not be permitted to leave examination hall before the closure of test time under any circumstances.
2. The test will be of objective type with multiple-choice questions with only one answer being correct among the four alternatives suggested.
3. A separate O M R (Optical mark Reader) answer sheet with the carbon impression paper will be provided to the candidates. The candidate has to indicate his response to each question by darkening the appropriate bubble with a Black Ball Point pen. No corrections with white fluid will be permitted.
4. The candidate has to bring a good quality Black Ball point pen to the examination hall.
5. The candidate has to handover the original OMR Sheet to the invigilators in the examination centre and is however permitted to take away the duplicate OMR Sheet (the carbon impression paper) along with question paper after the examination. If any candidate in violation of the above instructions takes away the original OMR Sheet, his/her candidature to the recruitment will be rejected besides invocation of penal provisions including debarment of the candidature for all future recruitments to be conducted by the TSGENCO.
6. The candidate has to follow meticulously all the instructions given on the question paper booklet and OMR Answer Sheet, else his answer sheet may not be valued.
7 Usage of Calculators/mathematical tables is not permitted. Candidates should not bring cell
Syllabus for Electrical Branch :
1.Electrical Circuits and Networks:
Kirchhoff’s laws, mesh and node analysis, network theorems, sinusoidal steady stateanalysis of single phase and three phase circuits, resonance, transient response of RL,RC,RLC circuits for different inputs, two-port networks, Two element network synthesis.
Modelling of physical systems, Block diagrams and signal flow graphs, Time andfrequency domain analysis, Steady state errors, Routh’s criterion, Nyquist and Bode plots,compensation, root loci, elementary ideas of state variable analysis, control systemscomponents.
3.Measurements and Instrumentation:
SI units, measurement of current, voltage, power, power-factor and energy.Measurement of resistance, inductance capacitance and frequency-bridge methods,transducers and their applications to the measurement of non-electrical quantities liketemperature, pressure, strain, displacement etc., cathode ray oscilloscope, Instrument Transformers.
4.Analog and Digital Electronics:
Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET,SCR, Amplifier biasing, equivalent circuits,frequency response, feedback amplifiers, power amplifiers, oscillators, operationalamplifiers and applications, wave shaping circuits, multi-vibrators, flipflops, universal gatecombinational circuits, A/D and D/A converters.
Single phase transformer, equivalent circuit, tests, regulation and efficiency, three phase transformer connections parallel operation, auto transformer, principle of energy conversion, winding of rotating machines, DC generators and motors, characteristics, starting and speed control, three phase induction motors performance characteristics, starting and speed control, single phase induction motors, synchronous generators, performance, regulation, parallel operation, synchronous motors, starting characteristics and applications, synchronous condensers, fractional horse power motors, permanent magnet and stepper motors
6. Power Electronics and Drives:
Characteristics of Power Electronic devices, phase control,bridge converters, choppers and inverters, basic concepts of adjustable speed drives, Control of Induction & Synchronous Motors.
Electrical power generation thermal, hydro, nuclear: transmission line parameters;steady state performance of overhead transmission lines and cables, surge propagation,distribution systems, insulators, bundle conductors, corona, and radio interference effects;per-unit quantities: bus admittance and impedance matrices: load flow: voltage control andpower factor correction; economic operation, symmetrical components, analysis ofsymmetrical and unsymmetrical faults.
8. Switchgear protection:
Principles of over current, differential and distance protections, circuit breaker, concept of system stability, swing curves and equal area criterion. Power System Operation & Control, Relays, Protection for Generator, Transformers, feeder and Busbars, Grounding, Protection against Over Voltages, Batteries and Battery Chargers.
9. Power Plant Engineering:
Basic of Prime movers, Pumps, Boilers & Turbines, Rankine Cycle, Basics of SM & FM, Introduction to Quality management and Environmental Protection.Steam Power Plant, Combustion Process, Gas Turbine Plant, Direct Energy Conservation, Hydro Electric Power Plant & Power from Non-conventional sources, Power plant economics- Capital cost, Investment of fixed charges, operating cost, arrangements for power distribution, load curves, connected load, maximum demand, demand factor, average load, load factor, diversity factor, Environmental considerations- Effluents from Power Plants and impact of environment, Pollution and pollution standards-Methods of pollution control.