Organisation : Nagaland Public Service Commission
Announcement : Admission Certificate
Designation : NCS, NPS,NSS & Allied Services (Preliminary) Examination 2015
Reference Number : Notification No. NPSC/CS-EXAM/2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Download your Admission Certificate here : e-admitcard.npsc.co.in
Home Page : npsc.co.in
Notification No. NPSC/CS-EXAM/2015 dt. 11.09.2015 (Online Issue of Admission Certificate)
With reference to the Commission’s Advertisement No. NPSC-3/2015 dated 29.07.2015, this is to inform all concerned that the Admission Certificate for NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2015 can be downloaded by submitting the transaction ID of their online application form at e-admitcard.npsc.co.in from 14th September 2015 onwards.
Candidates requiring assistance can call up NPSC helpdesk number +918259067553 on working days from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Enter Transaction ID to get Admission Certificate.
NCS/NPS/NSS & Allied Services Examination:
There will be 3 (three) stages of examinations:
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Main Examination
The Preliminary examination will consist of 1 (one) paper of objective type (MCQ with OMR Answer Sheet) carrying a maximum of 200 marks in the syllabus given below. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the preliminary examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the main examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the main examination shall be fixed as per provisions laid down in the recruitment rules.
Syllabus for Preliminary Examination (MCQ) :
Time: 3 Hrs
The subjects to be covered will be as follows:
1. General Science: General appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.*
2. History: Broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects, social and cultural heritage of India, emphasizing unity in diversity.
3. Nagaland: Social, cultural and heritage of its people.
4. Geography: Geography of India including the physical, social, economic, geography and on the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
5. Indian Polity and Economy: Country’s political, Executive, Judicial System, Local Bodies, Rural and Community Development and Economic Planning in India.
6. Indian National Movement: Nature and character of the Nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.
7. General Mental Ability Test: Analysis of classified data, logical and behavioural reasoning, analogies, basic arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concept of computers.*
8. Current events: Latest development on all the fields detailed above including science and technology and environmental awareness.
* Basic Science including basic numeric (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.) shall be of class X level.