University : Ravenshaw University
Announcement : Download Admit Card
Entrance Exam : PG Entrance Examination 2015
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Home Page : https://ravenshawuniversity.ac.in/
DOWNLOAD ADMIT CARD FOR PG ENTRANCE – 2015
RAVENSHAW PG ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2015 WILL BE HELD ON 29TH JUNE, 2015 (MONDAY).
Get Your Admit Card Here
i) Enter Barcode Number
ii) Enter DOB
iii) Click on Submit Button
i) Enter Email-ID
ii) Enter Password
iii) Click on Submit Button
SYLLABI FOR POSTGRADUATE ENTRANCE TEST :
M. Sc. (Biotechnology)
1. Cell biology: Microscopy, ultra structure of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell; cellular organization, structure and function of cell wall, cell membrane, mitochondria, plastids, ribosomes, endoplasmic reticulum, nucleus
2. Structure and morphology of chromosomes, nature of genetic material, gene concept and genetic code
3. Cell division: Mitosis, meosis and cytokinesis, cell cycle
4. Biochemistry: Properties of water, hydrogen ion concentration and buffers, chemical bonds and concept of free energy, structure and chemistry of carbohydrates, proteins, aminoacids, fats, organic acids, nucleic acids. Protein, Nucleic acid and fat metabolism
5. Enzymes: Nomenclature, classification and properties, Enzyme kinetics, Mechanism of enzyme action.
6. Microbiology: Biogenesis, germ theory of diseases, pure culture concept, morphology fine structure, growth, reproduction and economic importance of bacteria and viruses.
7. Immunology: Phylogeny of Immune system, Innate and acquired Immunity, Clonal nature of Immune response, Cells of the Immune system, Antigens, Antibodies, immunodeficiency diseases. Transplantation
8. Genetics: Mendelism, Interaction of factors, chromosome theory of heredity, linkage and crossing over, gene mutation, chromosomal aberration and polyploidy
9. Molecular Biology: Physico-chemical properties of nucleic acids, Prokaryotic and eukaryotic Genome organization, DNA Replication and repair, Prokaryotic transcription, eukaryotic transcription and regulation, Prokaryotic and eukaryotic translation, gene regulation
10. Genetic engineering: Molecular tools: Enzymes, hosts and vectors, Nucleic acid sequencing and amplification, molecular markers, DNA transfection, gene therapy, gene silencing
11. Plant physiology: Absorption and translocation of water, phloem transport, mineral uptake, Photosynthesis, Respiration, plant hormones.
12. Animal physiology: Animal nutrition, digestive system, circulatory system, blood grouping and clotting, excretory system, homeostasis
13. Biostatistics: Statistics; Meaning, Definition, functions and limitations, frequency distribution, Chi-square test, Simple correlation and Regression
14. Environmental Biology: Basic concepts and issues, Air pollution, Water pollution, soil pollution, Green house technology, Bioremediation of contaminated soil and waste lands, Solid waste management
M.Sc. (Computer Science)
1. Computer Science – (Honours Course) Computer Fundamentals, Operating System, DBMS, C & C++ Programming, Data Structure, Networking.
2. Mathematics – ( Pass Course of Ravenshaw University ) Real Analysis, Modern Algebra, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis