Organisation : National Institute of Science Education & Research
Exam Name : National Entrance Screening Test NEST MSc Program 2022
Announcement : Download Admit Card
Exam Date : 18th June 2022
Website : https://nestexam.in/
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
How To Download NEST MSc Program Admit Card?
To download NEST MSc Program Admit Card, follow the below steps
Step-1 : Go to the link https://cdn3.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/1834/75194/login.html
Step-2 : Enter the User Id
Step-3 : Enter the Password
Step-4 : Enter Captcha
Step-5 : Click on Login button
Important Dates of NEST MSc Program
The Important Dates of NEST MSc Program are given below,
Exam Date : 18 June 2022
Admit Card Available : 07 June 2022 (Hours of examination: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM & 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM)
Announcement of results on NEST website: July 05, 2022
Overall cut-off or Minimum Admissible Percentile (MAP)
1. In addition to SMAS, a candidate is required to score equal to or above a total
Minimum Admissible Percentile (MAP), to get a merit rank.
i. MAP for NEST 2022 is 95 percentile for general category candidates.
ii. MAP for NEST 2022 is 90 percentile for OBC candidates.
iii. MAP for NEST 2022 is 75 percentile for SC/ST/Divyangjan candidates.
2. A candidate scoring less than the MAP would not be allotted any merit rank and
would not be deemed eligible for admission, even if he/she secures SMAS in all
Merit list rank preparation of NEST MSc Program
The final ranking of the candidates will be based on percentile scores calculated from the best three section scores.
NISER and CEBS will publish separate merit lists based on the following criteria:
1. A candidate is required to score equal to or above a total Minimum Admissible
Percentile (MAP), to get a merit rank.
2. The best three section scores will be considered for the calculation of total marks
to determine the merit rank of the candidate.
3. For NISER merit list: A candidate must score equal to or greater than the
respective SMAS in all four sections.
4. For CEBS merit list: Each of the best three section scores of the candidate must
be equal to or greater than the respective SMAS scores for those sections.
5. If the percentiles of two or more candidates become equal (i.e in the case of a
tie), then the best scores in the sections of the two students would be compared.
The student with the higher score would get a better rank.
6. If the tie persists, the students would be given the same provisional rank at the
time of declaration of the result and the tie would be broken by comparing class
12th marks during admission/counselling.
7. If the tie still persists then the younger student will get a higher rank.
FAQ On NEST MSc Program
Frequently Asked Question FAQ On NEST MSc Program Admit Card
1. Is NEST exam for MSc?
NEST is a national level entrance test. It is organized to provide admission into the 5-year integrated M.Sc. course in the basic sciences such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. The entrance test will be conducted for admission to the NISER, Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE-CEBS, Mumbai.
2. Who qualifies for NEST exam?
As per the NEST 2022 eligibility criteria, candidates should have completed their class 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 60% from Science stream. They also must have qualified the last qualifying examination in 2020 or 2021.
3. Who can apply for NEST 2022?
Candidates should have passed 10+2 Intermediate or its equivalent examination from any recognized board or university. Subject: Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics as mandatory subject in the qualifying examination.